Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 18:48:55 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dynamic ip scripting <- How to update my zone?

Hi all,
I have a primary dns server on an isdn machine (fbsd)
This is my web server. I have a adsl freebsd box for
my lan to surf with. It is by nature of my isp dynamic
ip and boots me off around each 24 hrs. A pain! I'd
love to ditch the ISDN line since it is outrageous
expensive here in Australia...$4000 just to lease it.
But with adsl I can't mount my domain/webserver etc.
How can I do this. Can I...
A) get my machine to dynamically change zone records
if I make the adsl my primary dns server?
OR
B) somehow mount the server on the adsl machine and
have the dns recordchanged somewher somehow????
OR
C) whatever?????
Any ideas in detail?
PS Many thanjs to all on this VERY cool list for the
help in the past and future
Keith