Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:12:20 -0500
From:      Laszlo Vagner <george@vagner.com>
To:        Andreas =?iso-8859-1?q?Wider=F8e=20Andersen?= <awand@pragma.no>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD Duron/ Socket A - FreeBSD 4.7

I would say that power supply is a little weak at 200W especially for a=20
server. I built a nice system recently which cost about 500 bucks.
Asus A7 8X Athlon 2gig, 512 meg ddr400, onboard sound, unsupported
nic (gigabit is supported), firewire, smart card reader, Seagate 120gb
HDD, Nvidia GF4 TI4200, Kingston NIC, Liteon 48X cd-rw and full server
tower case.

the price difference between duron and full athlon dont warrant getting
a duron, to save even more you could find a motherboard with=20
onboard video and NIC and slower memory like ddr333 or even 266.