Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:06:28 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <port@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   GLX,opengl, glut,.. I am lost in all this

Hi!

I am totally lost. I have compiled Xracer, glracer, gltron and none
of them use my Riva128 (i know it is pretty old, but i believe it
still might get me some more speed).

I installed mesa. I installed utah-glx. Add <MODULE> into
XF86Config. Rebooted. Nothing. Xracer is still as slow as hell.
Now, the module IS in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules and the lib libGL.so
point to libGL.so.14 which is build from utah-glx. libGLU.os is
libGLU.so.14. I also tried symlinking libMesaGL.* to appropriate
libGL libs - xracer did not start at all.

Now. Can anybody give me a comprehensive tutorial or a link to it
how to setup opengl compatibility in Xfree86 3.3.6 (which i use) under
FreeBSD. And can anybody explain all those terms:
glx - is it the name of the port or a technology in general? BTW: what
happen to the glx port? There is only on html file in its dir
GLUT-?
riva-glx - what is it and where did it go? do i need it?
GLU-?
ICE - is it from the same story?

I am totaly confused by all this OpenGL stuff. I wish someday it'll be
more clear and WORKING.
CONFIG: FreeBSD 4.1-RC, XFree86 3.3.6, Riva128ZX,Pentium III 550

Regards,
Artem