Date:      Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:50:44 +0000
From:      "Ripper Roo" <ripper_roo1@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW - Updating config file & dynamic ruleset

Hello,

I've just started using IPFW and use the 'file=' option to load my rules. I
don't understand, though, how rules can be kept updated in that file after
dynamic changes to survive reboots?

Also, how long are dynamic rules maintained and do the stateful rules follow
TCP sequence numbers in IPFW to validate packets "authenticity"?

Thanks,

--Ripper.