Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:35:41 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone see todays Wall Street Journal article: Microsoft Using  Free Software (or something to that effect)

Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com> writes:
> The only thing people are really slamming Microsoft here is being
> hypocritical.  Actually using BSD code is an action I support for any
> value of the licensee string. :)

Oh there's a lot more to slam them about.

They have this idea that proprietary standards will force a free
marketplace to refrain from competitive selection.

It seems to work too.

So you want us to show restraint? Make it so we don't have to deal
with blinded consumers who's pro-microsoft rantings resemble the
religious fervor of a tent revival. ;)

Finding out that they've been using BSD code all along only rubs salt
in the wounds.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

"Trying to control information in the network age is about as successful as
pissing into the wind."
                      - Keith Henson, in an article on the AABBS prosecution,
                                _Computer_underground_Digest_, Jan. 21, 1995.