Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2001 01:39:21 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        andreas@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with remote printing from Win2000 to FreeBSD 4.3RC via lpd

>>>>> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:10:36 +0200
>>>>> Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org> said:

andreas>         error = getnameinfo(f, f->sa_len, NULL, 0, serv, sizeof(serv),
andreas>                             NI_NUMERICSERV);
andreas>         if (error || atoi(serv) >= IPPORT_RESERVED)
andreas>                 fatal(0, "Malformed from address");

andreas> What do you think why remote printing doesn't work ?
andreas> Any experience ? I have to go to bed now, wanted to print one
andreas> set of folies for a meeting tomorrow ;-) Well this is delayed now ;-)

Is your lpr client actually bind to privilege port?  I suspect
Windows2000 doesn't do it.  Since lpd uses r-authentication, the
request must come from privilege port.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/