Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:43:16 +0100
From:      Jev <jev@ecad.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gethostbyname_r() fbsd equiv?

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:34:31AM -0700, Jeff Jirsa wrote:
[snip]
> An alternative that you may which to consider is the vocal suite from
> vovida.org. The license is similar to a BSD style license, will compile on
> FreeBSD out of the box (use gmake rather than make), and likely has much
> more 'features' than you'll ever want to use. I _think_ it requires the
> GNU sip implementation (from http://www.gnu.org/software/osip/ ), but I'm
> not 100% certain. It's likely that the vocal package will give you a firm
> groundwork to expand, but unlikely that you'll want to use it "as-is" in
> its present state.

Im allready using vocal 1.4.0 on a freebsd box :) And it is working
pretty well, tho seems slightly bloated. I wanted to look at partysip to
see what it was like, and port it while I was at it.

I don't think it uses osip, but like you, im not 100% certain.

-Jev

--
http://www.ecad.org/~jev/jev.gpg
Key fingerprint = 748B 2346 1683 6384 5E8D  4EE3 0807 EADB 999E AB95