Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:17:03 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        HOSOKAWA Tatsumi <hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom 10/100 in current

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 05:47:51PM +0900, HOSOKAWA Tatsumi wrote:
> I'm using the default /etc/pccard.conf.
>
> card "Xircom" "CreditCard 10/100"
>         config  0x1 "xe0" ?
>         insert  echo Xircom CreditCard Ethernet inserted
>         insert  /etc/pccard_ether xe0
>         remove  echo Xircom CreditCard Ethernet removed
>         remove  /etc/pccard_ether xe0 delete

Try changing the config line to:

	config 0x17 "xe0" n

where n is either 3, 9, or 10 -- these seem to be the IRQs (and
configuration entry) that have had most success with people on the
freebsd-xircom list.  (of course, you may need to move other things around
to free one of those IRQs up).

> 	Version = 5.0, Manuf = [Xircom],card vers = [CreditCard 10/100]
> 	Addit. info = [CE3-10/100],[1.00]

That may also be another problem.  There have been sporadic reports
of CE3 cards failing to 'do the right thing', though I'm not entirely
sure why.

There's certainly a bunch of bogosity currently in the driver for
REM56 cards, to do with having to map in another I/O window for the
ethernet part of the card - to do this the 'right way' is probably
going to require an extension to pccardd (or its newbus-ified equivalent)
to allow for the mapping of multiple I/O windows and passing this over
to the driver(s).

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.