Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 08:55:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
Cc:        Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.Com>, questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BitsurfrPro on FBSD 2.1 & MLPPP broken

> I'm curious in what way you feel it's broken.  I haven't set mine up
> under FreeBSD yet, but I've never had a problem like this under Win95.
> That would tend to indicate to me that either only some BitSURFRs are
> broken (not mine), or the hardware works and it's a software (FreeBSD
> ppp) problem.  Or am I missing something here?

Well, I've had no trouble getting ADTRAN TAs to work (a far superior
product to the BitSurfr, which is why I never gave the Motos a second
look) with FreeBSD.  There's also the fact that your TA actually drops
the connection, and this does _not_ point at FreeBSD.  The TA should
keep the connection up regardless of what kind of data you're sending
down it, and if it chokes up and drops your connection then this
really does point the finger squarely in its direction.

I'd try this with another pair of TAs from another manufacturer if
you're serious about testing it.

					Jordan