Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:34:32 -0700
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Laptop suggestions?

My old Dell Inspiron 5160 has developed problems that I can't fix, sigh,
so it's time to replace it.  I'm hoping for some good suggestions from
this list (cc'd to hackers for the exposure, I know everyone doesn't
read -mobile).

My criteria:
      * 3D acceleration.
      * MiniPCI wireless (don't care which card, I'll replace it
        anyway).
      * At least 15" screen.
      * Decent power consumption.
      * Plays well with FreeBSD 7-stable.

Nice to have:
      * Dual core.
      * >4GB memory.
      * Working suspend/hibernate mode (and no, I'm not holding my
        breath).

So, suggestions?  BTW, if I get a decent response I'll summarize it for
the list, along with the one I chose and my experience after
ordering/installing it.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/