Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 1996 14:58:46 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3/3 SNAP needs bounce buffers?

> I have 24MB of RAM and a combination of IDE and SCSI (Adaptec 2842 VLB).
> It appears that Jordan is not using the GENERIC kernel exactly (he's

I am - and ATAPI is included in GENERIC now.

> including ATAPI [which doesn't work for me] and there is no 15-second
> "Waiting for SCSI devices to settle" delay) so I'm wondering if you're

That's because someone apparently broke that recently.. :-)

> including BOUNCE_BUFFERS too?  I'm using the regular boot.flp not the 4MB

I am indeed.

> version.  I don't think my VLB card needs bounce buffers, but I do have
> 24MB of RAM, and have no idea why it crashes like this before sysinstall
> even starts!  Help?

Weird!  I unfortunately don't have a 2842 to test with, so this is
kinda hard.  I'm leaving for the post office right now with your
Bt445C - I guess it's time I got off my butt and sent it, huh? :-)

						Jordan