Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 20:57:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Richard Belanger <a030058t@bc.seflin.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using memory extenders with FreeBSD

On Sat, 22 May 1999, Richard Belanger wrote:

> Anybody tried FreeBSD with SIMM memory extenders?  Probably called
> SimmExtender or similar. They are cards that plug in the motherboard
> where, in turn, you can plug in more RAM modules.

I used to use them in a k6-233 that was my main workstation for
quite a while, I really didn't have any problems, however if the
machine starts behaving erratically (reboots, processes killed due
to signal 11 and 6) then I would suggest removing them before asking
why your machine is behaving weird.

good luck,
-Alfred