Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 11:12:44 -0400
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unknown: <PNP...>

Soren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Mike Pritchard wrote:
> > I did notice that I started getting all of the "unknown: <PNPxxxxx>"
> > messages after the PNPBIOS option became default.  On the
> > machine I'm typing on this on, I used to see those messages
> > if I defined PNPBIOS in my config file.  PNPBIOS became default
> > some time back, with no way (that I saw) to turn it off.
>
> You can turn it off in the loader, I have to on my laptop to get it
> to work proberly...

Would that be in /boot/loader.conf?  I've tried

PNPBIOS="NO"

in /boot/loader.conf, and I'm still getting the messages.

[snip]<dmesg>
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
unknown: <PNP0401> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources
</dmesg>

- Donn