Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:18:33 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Liviu Ionescu' <ilg@livius.net>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RMI server registration bug?

Dear Liviu,

For a list of frequently asked RMI questions you can refer to:
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/rmi/faq.html

To view past RMI-USERS postings, see:
http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/rmi-users.html

> I am using jdk1.1.8 on 3.4-RELEASE and I am constantly getting error
> messages while trying to start a RMI server (sources are from
> jGuru RMI
> tutorial, downloaded from Sun):
>
> develop:~/java/rmi/exercises/SimpleBankingSystem/solution$ java
> BankSystemServer
> Failure during Name registration: java.rmi.ServerException: Server
> RemoteException; nested exception is:
>         java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling
> arguments; nested
> exception is:
>         java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: BankManagerImpl_Stub

Have you started the RMI registry without the stub in the class path? (I
start it in /tmp, usually).

Can you download the stub from the code base using a web browser?

Have you set an RMI security manager?

    Kees Jan