Date:      Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:09:24 -0500
From:      Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Something about port 111

Hello gang,

    This might be slightly off topic, but am curious, since it just
started after going to 4.5-Pre.  I've noticed a tremendous increase in I
assume portscans for port 111, since the upgrade.  AFIK, no one has
gotten through, and I've not seen anything in particular about port 111
in security.  IS there something vulnerable about 111 that would have
increased a cracker's chance in gaining access via that port?

Sam