Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:16:08 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.diespammer@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw verbosity

Hello.

I noticed that when I issue "sh /etc/rc.firewall" to reload firewall
rules from a remote console, I get disconnected (as I would expect) and
locked out!

The problems seems to be that "ipfw -f" prints: "command is /usr/local/...".

This is in /usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c:

fprintf(stderr, "command is %s\n", av[0]);

This line does not onor the "-q" flag which, if I understand correctly,
was exactly meant to allow this kind of operations without console access.

Naturally, I can comment this line in my sources, but I was asking
myself if this should be regarded as something to fix.

  bye & Thanks
	av.