Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 20:49:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird problem, 2940UW -stable, etc.

P120, 64MB RAM, -stable as of 1/22/96. 1 2940, and 1 2940UW.  I've been
having timeout errors with the 2940UW.  It's the only device on the
chain, active termination.

The locks up when INN is running.  So I popped a
different disk under /news,  and ran fsck on the disk for 30 hours
straight with nary a glitch.  Reboot with the RAID disk mounted as /news,
and it failed within an hour. (By fail, I mean I get messages about SCSI
timeout). Note that at no time was any hardware changed or moved, the
only changes here have been fstab changes.

I have a comm port on the RAID controller, and hooked up a terminal to it
to watch, and I notice that for some reason, it's picking up a SCSI Bus
RESET, right in the middle of things, while the FS is active.

Doesn't seem to show up when the disk is unmounted.

Anybody have any ideas?  I'm completely stumped.