Date:      Thu, 14 May 2015 19:25:37 +0530
From:      Avinash Sonawane <rootkea@gmail.com>
To:        Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD make install in graphics/graphviz : "Compilation failed unexpectedly"

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Avinash,
>
> I am able to compile graphics/graphviz fine on my FreeBSD 10.1 amd64 computer.
>
> Can you please let us know what options you had selected, and the
> contents of your make.conf file?

The problem was, as the maintainer of graphviz suggested, that I had
selected PHP bindings in `make config` which was failing the
compilation. But even after unselecting the PHP bindings in `make
config` the `make install` was giving the same error. Interestingly
the error continued even after `make rmconfig`.

The cause was the previously generated configure scripts using old
make configuration. So I had to do `make clean` and then `make
rmconfig` (default configuration) and then `make install`. - #freebsd
on Freenode

--
Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)
PICT, Pune