Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:10:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD security auditing project.

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

> We need to put audit tags into the source tree when a file is audited.
> That allows the diffs to be audited later which should be a smaller job
> and then the audit tag slides forward.

	Not to interrupt in the middle of this discussion but you might
want to check with robert watson before you guys get too deep here since
he is working on a FUNDED Posix.1e implementation for FreeBSD. And has
already posted some EARLY MAC code. It might be usefull to work with him
as well. Just a thought.

Chris

--

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like most of us have. And you
have to explain why you were mad, even if you're not mad." -PF DsoTM

===================================| Open Systems FreeBSD Consulting.
   FreeBSD 3.3 is available now!   | Yahoo Messenger ID: opsys_98
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS 67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: scanner@jurai.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting, Network Engineering, Security