Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 16:10:25 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mouse problems

I'm having a problem on one of my FreeBSD machines. This machine has got a
Logitech Trackball mouse connected to cuaa0. In the configuring for the mouse
in XF86Config, the mouse is pointed to /dev/mouse that is linked to
/dev/cuaa0. If I use (in rc.conf) moused, I can see a mouse pointer at start
of FreeBSD, that is: the pointer gets visible when moving the mouse for the
first time. The pointer immediately freezes and is unusable after that.
Running moused is the only way of getting any contact with the mouse in X!!
But the contact I get is very unstable. The mouse can be moved occasionally,
but with no precision at all. Most of the time nothing happens when moving the
mouse.

The most annoying thing is, when I switch to the disk where RedHat Linux is,
the mouse works as a breeze, both at the terminal session and when running X!!
Should RedHat beat FreeBSD on this? ;-)

--
regards, Gunnar
email: flygt@sr.se