Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:49:37 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        clive@tongi.org
Cc:        cg@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcm remaining problem (possible ACPI too)

Hi,

>     Since rescent -CURRENT is stable enough, I have the chance to find
> out remaining pcm problem. My MP box no more has double fatal fault
> and turns into random sleep. The random sleep happens after pcm having
> its own problem.
>
>     uname -av is
> FreeBSD cartier.home 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #1: Wed Dec  4 23:07:36 CST 2002     root@cartier.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERI  i386
>
>     Kernel config is simply a modified GENERIC, with options SMP,
> APIC_IO, and ident GENERI.
>
>     Below is what I've got in my dmesg. Complete dmesg is at
> http://fatpipi.cirx.org/~clive/cartier_dmesg.txt
>
> lock order reversal
>  1st 0xc6992900 pipe mutex (pipe mutex) @ /usr/src/sys/kern/sys_pipe.c:465
>  2nd 0xc0524600 sigio lock (sigio lock) @ /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_sig.c:2225
> acquiring duplicate lock of same type: "pcm channel"
>  1st pcm0:record:0 @ /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c:191
>  2nd pcm0:play:0 @ /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c:191
> wakeup from sleeping state (slept 00:02:06)
> ata0: resetting devices ..
> done

I think the real problem is in pcm on MP system as you said, IRQ 9 maybe
shared with pcm0 and acpi.  Could you show me this?
 # acpidump | grep SCI_INT

Also, I'd like to see which acpi event was occured on ramdom sleep.
Backtrace is helpful to track this down.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Esc into DDB, enter
 db> b acpi_SetSleepState
to set break point, then send me the output of
 db> t
when the ramdom sleep is occurred.

BTW, you can set ignoring some of acpi events like this:
 # sysctl hw.acpi.power_button_state=NONE
 # sysctl hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=NONE
 # sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=NONE

> acpi0: <RCC    RCCNILE > on motherboard
# I worry about this... :P

Thanks