Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:39:06 +0200
From:      "Ian Barnes" <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
To:        "Rotaru Razvan" <roti_343@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: After compiliing the kernel....

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Rotaru Razvan
Sent: 21 October 2002 05:10 PM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: After compiliing the kernel....

Hello,

On FreeBSD 4.7 I recompiled the kernel. Basicly all I did was to remove
devices and options that were regarding hardware I do not have (i.e.
SCSI controllers, tape drives, USB controllers etc.). Now everything
works fine, except some error messages i get when booting. As I have
figured it out, the errors are simply there because the kernel does not
support them anymore. How can I do it to stop the system from looking
for those devices? Here is a sample of dmesg after booting:

config> di pcic0
No such device: pcic0
Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help
config> di sn0
config> di lnc0
config> di bt0
No such device bt0
Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help
config> di aic0
No such device bt0
Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help

...and so on... :)

Regards,
Razvan

___
___
Hi,

In your /boot dir there should be a file called kernel.conf (I think .conf),
but cat that file to see if it is the one with all those things in. You can
just rename the file or remove it.

Regards
Ian Barnes