Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:27:31 -0500
From:      edwinculp <edwinculp@prodigy.net.mx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsupd configuration ? unknown collection src-all

I decided to give cvsupd a try to make my upgrading a bit more efficient and bandwidth friendly.  I read the manual page chose a local server [local3], cvsup-ed, updated the repository, built world, kernel, etc.  All with no problems.  I started cvsupd on the machine with the following options:

cvsupd -b /usr/local/etc/cvsup -c sup -s sup -C 3 &

I went to one of the machines that I wanted to update and started cvsup and got Server message: unknow collection "src-all" and all others and a message that said it was skipping the colections, ended by a message that stated that it had finished successfully.

It actually updated nothing.  I've used cvsup as a client for years with no problem.  From the manual page it seemed very straight forward and simple but somehow I've managed to screw it up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ed

P.D. I'm running current.  I've got the same configuration for cvs-supfile on both machines except for the server that I changed for freebsd to local3.  Both machined were update from freebsd yesterday with no problem.