Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 16:12:37 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
To:        lambert.org!terry@werple.net.au (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, jb@cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   Re: ideas from netbsd

>>> The NetBSD "thread environment" consists of both CAP's pthreads code
>>> AND a thread safe libc, etc..
>>
>> My understanding of the way things are:
>>
>> NetBSD  "thread environment" = CAP's pthreads code including CAP's thread safe
>>                                libc.
>>
>> FreeBSD "thread environment" = CAP's pthreads code including CAP's thread safe
>>                                libc.
>
> Your understanding is incorrect according to Julian's post under this
> same subject.

Not it's not! What Julian mentioned is what _we_ are currently doing. As far as
2.0 and 2.1 are concerned, pthreads is a port.

For 2.2 I'm building a threaded libc here and feeding diffs to Julian for
inclusion in the main tree when appropriate. I'm still talking with CAP about
the integration of thread support in libc. This discussion includes Julian.

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street