Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:42:56 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
Cc:        Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 03:24:40PM +0000, Joseph Scott wrote:

> 	Check out :
>
> http://www.serv.net/~mcglk/staroffice-install.html
>
> 	On my 3.3 system following the above I was able to get through the
> install ( with the /net option ).  However I ran into the infinite setup
> problem.  Even after I've successfully run the install, everytime I try
> and run it the install comes up again.  This happens if I run it as a
> normal user or as root.
>
> 	I don't know if this is something I may have screwed up, but try the
> steps recommended at the above web site and let me know if you get the
> infinite setup problem also.

Well I've got SO5.1 up and running :) I used the instructions at
the URL above plus Rob's modifications posted in another thread
(unzipping setup.zip manually and adding the directory to ldconfig.

I'm not seeing the infinite setup loop you mention. Although I get
the 2 error messages described in the instructions just clicking
OK to both of them allows SO to start. Did you load the modifed
soffice shell script as described in the instructions to create
the SO directory structure in ~ ?

> Mark Ovens wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 05:48:23PM +1000, Rob Hurle wrote:
> > >       SUN has recently bought StarOffice, and they now have a CD of
> > > version 5.1 available (for "free").  This loads under Redhat Linux,
> > > version 5.1 using a neat X-windows interface.  However, it will not begin
> > > under FreeBSD.  I have installed FreeBSD 3.3 and the linux_base-5.2
> > > package.  I've tried setting up
> > >
> > >               /lib -> /usr/compat/linux/lib
> > >
> > > (and even putting /lib in the ldconfig hints file).  However, all I ever
> > > get is:
> > >
> > >       setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries
> > >       libvos517li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > >                       directory
> > >

> > Ugh. I was getting the same/similar error about the same file but
> > without having installed linux_base. Now I'm having problems
> > installing that (from the ports) :(. Seems like it won't solve my
> > problem.
> >
> > If/when you get the solution will you please be sure to post it to
> > the list, or to me privately.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > > The setup program unpacks stuff into /tmp - including lots of shared
> > > libraries, one being this libvos517li.so (anything with 517 seems to refer
> > > to version 5.1.7 of StarOffice).  This one refers to other libraries, etc.
> > >
> > >       Has anyone got any further with this, or any clues?  Thanks.
> > >

> --
>
> Joseph Scott
> joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu
> Office Of Water Programs - CSU Sacramento

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.