Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 1996 21:47:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Info needed

	We have two machines at Gaianet.  earth and mars and we're
experiencing the following but don't know what they mean exactly, can
anyone help?

Scrolling off earth's screen:

earth routed[57]: punt RTM_LOSING without gateway

When mars comes up, it identifies all the hardware, does the ifconfig for ed1
and lo0, does the gateway and all that stuff.

It then says starting routing daemons: routed.  This is where it hangs
indefinitely until I hit ctrl-c.  Then it does  clearing /tmp, recording kernel -c changes, and then does the daemons.

Vince
GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations - GUS Mailing Lists Admin