Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 01:48:59 +0100
From:      Emmanuel Rens <rens.emmanuel@wanadoo.fr>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: many ports refuse to make

the first time I ran make index the answer was INDEX is up to date, then
after some unfortunate trials to install GLIB 2 the answer is a long
list of  "no entry for: /usr/ports/..."  preceded by many non-existent
or incomplete dependencies.. I think I'll try to recvsup, as advised.

But definitely my problem seems to be concentrated around automake-1.4,
aclocal-1.4 and glib-2. Frankly I don't know what to do: maybe cvsup
won't change it, since it does not make the files automatically. I
should perhaps try to install precompiled binaries of these ones (if
they exist) and only try cvsup after. Finally, can I ask you if you know
how to implement iconv in C library (what's the real name and location),
or libiconv (and where to find and put the ftp files) on which glib-2
complains.

thank you again