Date:      Tue, 06 Aug 1996 13:22:47 -0400
From:      Steven Lacomis <slacomis@erols.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help!  CD-ROM drive not recognized.

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.1.0 from a Walnut Creek CD-ROM.  I am
using an NEC 267 IDE CD-ROM drive.  The CD-ROM drive is not recognized
by the FreeBSD Installation program, however.  Can I get the CD-ROM
drive to be recognized?  If so, how?  I read something about using the
-c command at the start of the boot: prompt. If that is relevent then
what do I need to type or do to enter the proper configuration settings?

Help will be much appreciated,

Thanks,
--
Steve