Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:57:32 +0000
From:      Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
To:        xfce@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [Test] multimedia/xfce4-parole 0.5.90

Hi,

This week-end I worked on the next stable release (0.6.0) of multimedia/xfce4-parole.

If someone is interesting to test it, you must:
1. Update your ports tree (I made change in Mk/bsd.xfce.mk)
2. Upgrade x11/libxfce4menu (you must set GTK3 option, otherwise compilation will fail)
3. Upgrade multimedia/xfce4-parole

If you use libxfce4menu development release, you must also upgrade sysutils/xfce4-settings and x11-wm/xfce4-wm.

Patches are available here [1].

This release supports **only** x11-toolkits/gtk30. So you must install theme (e.g. x11-themes/greybird-theme), which supports this version of Gtk.

I patched Parole, because main developers prefer to use symbolic icons (not available in GNOME and Tango themes), so currently I strength to install misc/gnome/icon-theme, to be sure nothing is missing and works fine everywhere.

Mandatory screenshot, https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VcwtlGijK2g/UmWfuX21rgI/AAAAAAAABnQ/Rng59p6naqI/w534-h542-no/parole-0.5.90.png

top image: Parole with elementary-xfce-icon-theme (not available in ports tree)

bottom image: Parole with icons-tango (default icons theme)

Enjoy

[1] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/patches/

--
olivier