Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:03:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Tom Duffey <tduffey@wi.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   More IBM Netfinity 3500 SMP problem

The output of mptable shows that this system has three busses, but FreeBSD
defaults to 4.  So, I attempted to recompile a kernel using more specific
SMP options, namely:

options		SMP
options		APIC_IOB
options		NBUS=3

But 'config' complains:

smp:61: unknown option "NBUS".

Are the optional SMP paramaters no longer available?  Does it
matter?  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help make
FreeBSD's SMP support work with this hardware.

Best Regards,

Tom Duffey