Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 14:54:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, regnauld@tetard.hsc.fr, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, se@FreeBSD.ORG, Ollivier.Robert@hsc.fr
Subject:   Re: 82378ZB PCI ISA Bridge

> It seems that Terry Lambert said:
> > I believe the system should "run fine" without recognizing the bridge
> > chips.
>
> Except it is hard to install an OS where the SVSI controller (NCR-based) is
> not recognized at all by the system :-)
>
> I've tried generating a floppy with the  pcisupport.c file patched with the
> 1.15->1.16 diff (which  added the 82378ZB  support in STABLE)  but still no
> luck.
>
> Linux runs fine, damn.

How does the most recent snap run?

It's not like the PCI guy and the NCR guy aren't the same guy (Stefan).

Stefan doesn't follow this list, so you may want to contact him
directly.  I can almost guarantee an "update to -current" response...

Is this a standard NCR controller, or is it something other than
the 800 series (like the 700 series used on Compaq box motherboards?).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.