Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:41:49 -0600
From:      "eBoundHost: Artur" <artur@eboundhost.com>
To:        <freebsd-www@freebsd.org>
Cc:        erik@cepheid.org
Subject:   Requested changes to web page

Hello List,

I would like to submit a change to the following page:
http://www.freebsd.org/internal/fortunes.html

My request is that we replace the words=20
"Hitler quotes."
with the phrase
"The speaker of the quote is not to be the basis for categorizing the =
quote as offensive."

(quoted from Erik Osterholm freebsd-lists-erik@erikosterholm.org with =
his permission)

We have just had a conversation at freebsd-questions about this topic =
and it was pointed out that we need to have the hitler reference for the =
sake of keeping the quotes unfiltered, and I agree with the fact that we =
should not filter out quotes in the databased unless they are directly =
vulgar or offensive.  But my opinion is that having the "hitler quotes" =
on the front page, polarizes the topic and takes away from the entire =
project.

The suggested replacement is a much more effective and intelligent way =
of conveying this message.

Best Regards,

Artur
eBoundHost.com