Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2008 23:55:28 +0400
From:      Chagin Dmitry <dchagin@freebsd.org>
To:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
Cc:        John Hixson <jhixson@gmail.com>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox & flash9 patches in HEAD now

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 06:03:09PM -0500, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> > I'm testing flash9 on i386 FreeBSD 7.1PR, and amd64 7.1PR, and it seems to
> > be working nicely now! Would it be possible to update the
> > www/linux-flashplugin9 port with your improved libflashsupport library?
>
> If this actually fixes Flash9 w/ sound on FreeBSD 7.1, then these
> patches should be committed ASAP
>
> in my opinion Flash9 functionality is so significant and crucial to
> the FreeBSD community as a whole that the 7.1 RELEASE should be held
> up till this get committed

kib         2008-10-04 19:23:30 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

    Modified files:
    sys/compat/linux     linux_misc.c
  Log:
    SVN rev 183612 on 2008-10-04 19:23:30Z by kib

    Current linux_fooaffinity() emulation fails, as the FreeBSD affinity
    syscalls expect the bitmap size in the range from 32 to 128. Old glibc
    always assumed size 1024, while newer glibc searches for approriate
    size, starting from 1024 and going up.

    For now, use FreeBSD size of cpuset_t for bitmap size parameter and
    return EINVAL if length of user space bitmap less than our size of
    cpuset_t.

  Submitted by:   dchagin
    MFC after:      1 week

--