Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:37:25 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Bob <bob@tania.servebbs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A Library Issue

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 06:05:47PM -0400, Bob wrote:

> "This is the latest patchset from the Java 2 FreeBSD porting project.
> This port allows you to easily build a native JDK1.4.2 for FreeBSD."
>
> This is the "Native" Port???

Yes.

> If so, I need to make deinstall both of the JDKs and install this one! Yes?

Don't. The native port makes use of the Linux-JDKs to bootstrap the
compilation. Once the native JDK is installed, you can safely remove
the linux-emulated JDKs.

The port will make links to any installed browswer for you as well.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
                        "Irrationality is the square root of all evil"