Date:      25 Feb 98 14:46:31 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modification of bsd.prog.mk for global.

At 25 Feb 98 13:50:33 Eivind Eklund (2:234/49.99) wrote to All  regarding Re:
modification of bsd.prog.mk for global. in area "freebsd-hacker"

 EE> On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 at 07:31:49PM +0900, Shigio Yamaguchi wrote:
 EE>> So, if you want to keep 'src' directory read-only, following
 EE> modification
 EE>> would be useful I think.
 EE>
 EE> _Please_ submit changes as diffs.  If you do, I'll run them
 EE> through a buildworld and commit them (provided they don't break
 EE> the build).

Do I have a reasonable chance for getting changes in the makefile in
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/tmac commited too? :-)

Currently the obj-dir needs to be writable during an installworld (well, at
least installmost as I tried), because beforeinstall makes two temp files in
obj.

I would like to have /usr/src and /usr/obj read-only to make installmost to
"slave machines" over NFS.

I have submitted this as a bug to the gnats as gnu/5841

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---