Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:47:03 -0400
From:      Josh Levine <joshl@levindustries.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache+PHP+Java

Greg Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 05:17:06PM -0400, Josh Levine wrote:
> > As an aside, is it normal not to give an error message if the port is
> > missing from the ports directory entirely?
>
> I don't understand what you're asking here, please explain :).  What
> error did you (or didn't you) get trying to build openmotif?

Sorry - what I was talking about is that when I tried building jdk13 for
the first time, it just died on me in the middle (now I know that it was
a result of the missing X stuff).  It didn't install the various X
related ports it needed because I had foolishly added 'x*' to my cvsup
refuse file, so they weren't in my ports directory.  I've only been
administering a FreeBSD box for about a week now, so I'm not sure if
this is normal behavior or not...it didn't even occur to me that a jdk
would require X libraries.

Anyways, thanks to Robert for pointing me in the right direction; I now
have jdk13 built and will try compiling PHP with it tomorrow.

--Josh Levine