Date:      26 Dec 2002 04:58:20 -0800
From:      Joseph Altea <altea@attbi.com>
To:        David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   NVida Ideas may help.

Hi
Becuase of the memory access model with debuging on
I found that a interrupt stack overflow in the kernel seems to
occur from the interaction with interrupts and the memory on the
nVida card. I have not nailed it down yet to which interrupts,
but without debugging it reduces it an thus the freezing
of the box. But in 3D mode the card is doing alot of the work
and is notifing the X system and the kernel through interupts.
Seems this overwrites the kernel and cause the "Frozen" deseret
effect, without the desert. Maybe we need to have a kernel parameter
for the agp based cards for increasing the interrupt stack size
or the like. I watched it on one of our hardware developement  PC's I
have with a hardware debug card in it and shows that the cards blows up
the kernel from video memory DMA transfer interrupts to/from X.
regards, Please check what happens on IRQ 11 on PCI2 (on my Intel based
debug machines)
Joseph Altea, CEO
ImerXion,LLC
altea@attbi.com