Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:30:01 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Only "fetch -b" works, what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I have written a small programm that serves http requests.
When using fetch I have to use "fetch -b" because without
-b fetch complains with: "fetch: empty reply from myserver.org"

While digging around in http.c, I found out that -b
works around a linux bug. One of the correspondig
lines is:

if (sendmsg(s, &msg, fs->fs_linux_bug ? 0 : MSG_EOF) < 0) {

This means, my small http server works when setting flags
(of sendmsg) to 0. I assume, the correct way would be to set
MSG_EOF but somehow my http server doesn't work with it.

I do the ususal stuff,

1. socket()
2. bind()
3. listen()
4. accept()

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Am I missing
some setsockopt or anything?

Thanks a lot,

	-Andre