Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:28:56 +0100
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another data point in the daily panics...

According to Mikael Karpberg:
> Then again, I know a friends 2.1.5 machine rebooted after running 30
> seconds of "crashme". Firing up _40_ at boot time, just for kicks,

I've never run 40 at a time but I've never been able to take any version of
FreeBSD down with crashme. Even 386BSD 0.1 + patchkit was immune !

I remember running it on 386BSD for 30 minutes and killing because it was
boring. To be completely honest, Linux is generally immune too (haven't
tried recently though).

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #26: Sun Oct 27 19:39:11 MET 1996