Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:14:29 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer configuration question

On Tue, 9 Dec 2014 16:14:41 -0600 (CST), Robert Bonomi wrote:
> when I launch mplayer (or gmplayer), I get a new window on both screens,
> but _only_ the display on the VGA port has the movie displayed.   on the
> DVI port, it's an empty window.
>
> HOW do I get movies to display on the DVI port??

Check which output driver addresses that port, for example

	% mplayer -vo x11 test.avi
	% mplayer -vo xv test.avi
	% mplayer -vo gl test.avi
	% mplayer -vo sdl test.avi

You can get a list of the available output drivers with

	% mplayer -vo help

Then put the result, for example "vo=gl", in the ~/.mplayer/config
file. Note that direct rendering might be supported, and not
all output drivers support things like manual brightness control
or fullscreen...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany