Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:25:37 +0100
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        osa@etrust.ru
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BIND-8.2 Released March 16, 1999

> What do think about add new version of BIND to -current?

There have been some error reports against 8.2-REL, and I think we
should let it have a few more weeks to stabilize before it is brought
into -current.

(We're running 8.2 at some important name servers here, for instance
one which is authoritative for .no. It seems to be working fine for us
now, but we had some crashes during 8.2 beta testing.)

8.2 compiles out of the box on FreeBSD ("make clean; make depend; make")
so it's very easy to setup if you really need the new features in 8.2
right now.