Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:59:57 -0800
From:      Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SIM as loadable module?

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:06:04AM -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Chuck Tuffli wrote:
> >     case XPT_PATH_INQ:
> >     {
> >         cpi->bus_id = bus;
>
> Shouldn't this be:
>           cpi->bus_id = cam_sim_bus(sim);
> (of course, I don't know what the type of "bus" is in this context)

Earlier in the function:
    int    bus  = cam_sim_bus(sim);

> >         cpi->initiator_id = cpi->max_target + 1;
>
> Does this accurately reflect the card's settings?  Some SIMs I've seen do
> a device-specific call to read the card's id (in your case,

For this, I was mimicing what the isp and mpt were doing although I
wasn't 100% sure why there was a distinction. My guess was that by
setting the HBA's ID higher than max_target, the CAM wouldn't send
INQUIRY.

> fcPortGetInfo?).  I guess your approach should be necessary in the FC case
> since your position in the chain can change when you get a LIP.

Wouldn't the driver want to insulate the CAM from this kind of event?
I was thinking that the CAM's view of TID should be independent from
FC's view of NPort_ID. The intent would be that the WWN of TID x
should be the same before and after a LIP, but the mapping of TID to
NPort_ID may change.

--
Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli AT NO_SPAM agilent DOT com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage and Networking