Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:46:13 -0500
From:      rafege@mail.com (Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D.)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New trouble with wi(4) & AP discovery

!: > [a TOSHIBA Wireless LAN Card, Lucent Firmware: Station (8.72.1)]
!: ...
!:
!: dstumbler doesn't work with the Orinoco/Lucent chips. Historically these
!: chips have been much more opaque in terms of what one can do with them.
!
!And firmware 8.72.1 definitely isn't the "oops" version of the
!firmware that allows for scanning and the like.  You are SOL.

Thanks for all the comments.

Following a Google search in comp.sys.laptops,
I've since confirmed that the MiniPCI card resides
beneath the keyboard, adjacent to the CPU on the
Satellite Pro 6100, and is very easy to get at.
I should have a new Senao 2511MP to try out soon,
so any problems associated with the Lucent card
should be history.
--
Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D.	<mailto:rafege@mail.com>
Please do not send me HTML-encoded mail.