Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:17:11 -0000
From:      "Andy [TECC NOPS]" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>, "Jean-Christophe Varaillon" <jcv@vbc.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: - TFTP: Time out -

I always had these kinda problems both with
FreeBSD, Linux, etc etc. Found various ways
around them in the end but the best way is if
you are running a version of IOS 12.0 or later
on the Cisco then use the newer copy commands
in IOS that allow ftp eg:-

router> copy ftp://user:pass@box.whatever/config.cond startup-config

much better than :-

router> copy tftp startup-config