Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 07:54:21 -0500
From:      Justin <asmo@scully.madbovine.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting /CDROM

Hello All,

I was playing around with my machine the other day and came across a problem. I wanted to play a music CD in my cdrom drive so
I looked in Greg Lehays book and tried to use the command that was listed there to mount my CDROM drive. That did not work, it
didnt give me an error, but it would not list the contents of the cdrom. I then went to defcon1.org to find some help, I found
an article telling me that "mount /cdrom" SHOULD work fine. When I tried that it gave me this output..

scully# mount /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

Now according to my /etc/fstab this should work, am I right?

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0c              /cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

I have not modified anything to do with the CDROM drive since the install off the cdrom, also according to DMESG the kernel
and system see it fine:

ad0: 16448MB <WDC WD172AA> [33420/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA33
acd0: CDROM <TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-6702B> at ata1-master using PIO4

I belive 100% that this is user error, if someone could give me a point in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance
Justin

Please reply to asmo@madbovine.com