Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 08:39:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      Oystein Soreide <oystein@frosk.zoo.uib.no>
To:        Jason Bennett <jason@r33h77.res.gatech.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD device

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Jason Bennett wrote:

> my A drive via mtools, I'm told I cannot unless I am root. How can I
> set the permissions so I can access these devices normally? Is it just
> a chmod on the /dev directory?

The permission on fd0 is 660 with root as owner and operator as group.
You have to chmod the fd0 device or set yourself into the operatorgroup.
You can alternatively change the group ownership of the device.

=D8ystein

=D8ystein S=F8reide
Institute of Zoology, University of Bergen
Allegt 36, 5007 Bergen
Norway
Phone # +47 55 58 20 13 (study office)