Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 22:38:59 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status Report on 2.2.6 Giveaway CD's

> On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 12:21:03AM -0400, Open Systems Networking wrote:
> >
> > I just wanted to report that today I finally got rid of my 25th (out of
> > 25) 2.2.6 CD's generously donated by WC.
> > There are now 25 offices/companies running FreeBSD as a front line server.
> > Some were ALOT harder to sway than others but with a little "Run this on a
> > main front line server cause im not taking no for an answer" and some
> > basics facts about our superior heritage and power all went basically
> > smooth. So we can now add another 25 companies to running FreeBSD on the
> > front lines in some capacity. Anyway just a quick update. Anyone else have
> > any stories about their luck with their CD's?
> >
> > Chris
>
> That's a great story about a job well done.  I seemed to have less of a
> problem getting rid of mine.  I never received any.

I'd have to guess that was because you weren't able to convince us that
you would have done something useful with them.  Since we gave
literally thousands of them away, that ought to give you some idea as
to where you need to start addressing your image.

If you were keeping up to date, you'd have some idea as to how
substantial a donation the giveaway exercise was.  One more poke in the
eye for your "WC isn't willing to try hard enough" argument.