Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:52:16 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CLang flags query:: I'm wanting to port software to FreeBSD

Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com> writes:

> jack_trauma.c:21:9: warning: 'IP_DONTFRAG' macro redefined
> #define IP_DONTFRAG 1
>         ^
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:464:
> 9: note: previous definition is here
> #define IP_DONTFRAG             67   /* don't fragment packet */
>         ^
> jack_trauma.c:192:60: error: expected expression
>     socketfd == socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDPLITE);
>                                                            ^
> jack_trauma.c:353:1: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to 'int'
>       [-Wimplicit-int]
> parse_options(int argc, char** argv){
>

> That is with what I am working.  I'm not sure as how to work around it; so,
> I want to try different flags.

Those errors are actual problems that you need to solve rather than work
around. The first one, for example, is normally a socket option. If
your program is using it for a socket option, it shouldn't be defined in
that code, but use the definition from the system in.h instead. If the
program *isn't* using it for a socket option, then it should be named
something different.