Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:34:26 -0500
From:      "Kisamore, Dan" <DKisamor@capecod.mass.edu>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Kisamore, Dan" <DKisamor@capecod.mass.edu>
Subject:   FreeBSD Firewall Problem

Help!

 Have setup a BSD Server running NATD. All is working well, except our
internal mail server is not receiving email from the outside. Can't "ping"
or "tracert" from outside the firewall to any IP inside the firewall. Mail
is being sent out from our mail server and rcvd on the outside, but nothing
is being received incoming. Ipfw rules are set to allow port 25 incoming
mail. I think the translation process is causing the problem. Anyone out
there seen this before, and better yet, have a fix or workaround for it? Let
me know...

Dan Kisamore

dkisamor@capecod.mass.edu <mailto:dkisamor@capecod.mass.edu>