Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 05:46:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weirdness with routing to freefall.

Well, I don't know that I have too much to add to this discussion,
although a traceroute to freefall was mildly amusing.

I go from Oregon to Seattle, out to DC (all onSprint).  Then jump on
mae-e, Then jump on ANS, work my way back across the south, through ANS
and a few other sites, back to SanFrancisco, then jump onto CRL, and
finally to freefall.

A total of 25 hops.  All the way across the country and back, To go 300
miles.

My old connection to Sprint via Anaheim was much shorter.

Maybe this explains why I get about 1 out of 3 emails to hackers, and
maybe 1out of 10 to -current.